Principal Jan Taniguchi () oversees the quality of design for all of STR’s projects.
Jan has directed hundreds of projects, including master planning, school facilities, corporate and commercial facilities, mixed-use developments, hotels, retail facilities, sports and fitness centers, medical facilities, public projects, private residences, and parking and site developments.
STR clients benefit from Jan's creative design skills and constant project involvement, ensuring the fulfillment of design intention. His unique abilities to listen carefully and to communicate client needs to the design team and contractors, as well as his extensive experience and skill in design and construction, directly benefit client interests throughout the entire project process.
Jan has gained the respect of clients for his ability to translate their functional needs into aesthetically pleasing, yet budget conscious facilities. Contractors value and appreciate his attention to detail and his sense of ethics.
A native of Hilo, Hawaii, Jan lives in St. Charles, Illinois with his wife, Rebecca, a writer and editor.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural)
- Bachelor of Science in Art and Design
- Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Architects
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Society for College and University Planning
- American Arbitration Association
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- International Facility Management Association
- Council of Educational Facility Planners International
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED® 2.0 AP
- Illinois Capital Development Board Project Manager Training
- Illinois, Wisconsin, New York,
- Hawaii, Guam
- Lecture/Seminar Speaker
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials:
- Forum on Construction Delivery Methods (Moderator)
- Construction Delivery Methods (Speaker)
- Aurora University: Architects in Education