STR values Colby Lewis’s () highly developed skills for distilling complex and extensive project requirements and translating them into finely organized and fluid architecture. Colby’s abilities are rare among even the most experienced architects and STR clients are direct beneficiaries of his insight, design talent and responsiveness.
In addition to his design acumen, Colby offers STR clients technical expertise in construction drawings, specifications and project management. He is responsible for integrating the design and construction document processes, overseeing entire projects for technical completeness, quality and accuracy. He continues to work through building construction to ensure that design intent and project specifications are followed precisely.
Colby's depth and breadth of design and technical experience informs all of his work. He brings a range of talent to STR Partners with experience in master planning and design of office buildings, schools, mixed-use developments, medical facilities, apartment buildings, municipal facilities, hotels, and high-rise residential construction.
A native of Michigan, Colby lives in Evanston, Illinois.
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Master of Architectural Science
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Northwestern University
- Kellogg Management Institute
- Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Architects
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Society for College and University Planning
- Council of Educational Facility Planners International
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED® 2.0 AP
- Illinois Capital Development Board Project Manager Training
- Illinois, Indiana